|polymer clay mini cakes|
Bake at 275F for about 45min, cool on rack, break teeth, poop out undigested mini cake.
Lemon White Cake
|mini cake made with polymer clay|
- Liquid translucent clay
- Sculpey (polymer clay) (cake colors and probably translucent)
- Scalpel or blade
- Possible glaze for finishing off garnishes after baking
- Brush, toothpick etc.
- Some canes (lemon, lime, candy..). See below
|polymer clay mini cake|
- Condition clay (I mix a little translucent into the colored clay.. I dono why) then cut out some circles (I use a hair spray cap for this). CHILL THE "DOUGH". If you don't put the clay in the fridge for a little bit it will be too gooey when you try to cut it and you will have a bad time.
- Cut a slice out of the chilled clay.
- Take the tip of the scalpel (or a pin) and fluff up the clay. I make tiny little circles on the surface of the clay.
- Ice the cake. You should already have a container with mixed up Sculpy and liquid clay. (I like to use as little liquid clay as possible). Use a toothpick or even a small brush to do the frosting.
- Garnish the cake so that your company will be blown away (so that your friends think you are crazy yet talented).
- Bake at 275 for 30min for each half cm of thickness (about 45min-1hr).
|miniature cakes with polymer clay|
|lime slice garnish on a mini lime cake|
|polymer clay lime cane|